How can Technology help you to maintain Social Distancing?
As we huddle over solutions to defeat COVID 19, the businesses are looking up to technology to aid them. Social distancing is the new normal. Video conferencing, work from home, temperature testing has become a norm.
The Government took steps, now it’s your turn!
Social distancing is introduced in the era of the COVID-19 pandemic. Global disclosures and advisory have taken severe steps like lockdown to control the increasing graph of corona patients.
But we can’t let this pandemic get in our way. What shall we do then? Should we take the help of ultramodern technologies or wait till doomed? What happens when the production stops, people lose jobs, sales, and marketing come to a halt? Undoubtedly, everything will get imbalanced. Alternatively, you can take the responsibility of social distancing using the power of technology and look ahead to growth.
How is Technology playing a vital role in Social Distancing?
Maintaining social distancing in the busy corners is tough, but some technologies can help you here. The latest hardware and web solutions are capable of monitoring social distancing among people in such specific areas. Innovations that can help us in maintaining social distancing even in a crowded place:
1. Wi-Fi-based monitoring
Some custom-made software solutions for startups & organizations are available for Wi-Fi monitoring systems. The real-time monitoring software is designed professionally that can store the history of employee movements in a user-friendly manner. It can be used effectively for contact tracing if an employee does become sick. It delivers a wide range of Wi-Fi-based monitoring facilities such as
· Monitor the distance between individuals
· Monitor the volume of people
· Can track the movement of people from one place to another
· Record the elapsed time spent on people at a specific place
· Displays all the monitoring results on a map on the admin workstation
Advantages of Wi-Fi monitoring software include:
· There is no pain of additional hardware installation if you have a pre-installed Wi-Fi communication system.
· It does not require an additional app or wearable sensor to monitor the working people.
· It protects the privacy of working people as data is collected anonymously.
· It can perform well even in poor weather conditions and during night hours.
Disadvantages of Wi-Fi monitoring software include:
1. It can’t monitor the individuals’ activity as it often requires a private setting which is practically not possible.
2. There is no facility to notify individuals directly if they do not follow the policy of minimum distance.
2. Video-Based monitoring
Very similar to Wi-Fi-based monitoring software, video-based monitoring software is also available. Features of video-based monitoring software are as follows:
· Monitor the distance between individuals effectively
· It shows a blinking rectangle around the people on the video display if people breach the limit of minimum social distancing.
· It facilitates the tracking of employee movements in real-time, including the shift changes, where transitions might particularly need to be optimized.
Some considerable benefits of video monitoring software include:
1. It supports the face recognition system.
2. No specific hardware or supportive software installation is required if you have already a video monitoring system.
3. It does not need an additional app or wearable sensor to monitor the
There are some disadvantages of video monitoring software as well. Let’s explore:
1. There is no facility to see individuals in blind spots
2. It does not notify individuals directly if they breach the limit of minimum distance.
3. Unable to perform well during insufficient light or power cut
3. Wearable sensor monitoring
Technology is getting a new height of success day by day. Wearing devices are in trend and used promptly for multiple purposes such as fitness trackers, smartwatches, heart rate monitors etc. In the present technological environment, amazing wearable sensors are also available. Wearable sensors can sound an alarm, provide an image, and trigger text messages to the administrator as well as involved individuals when the minimum social distancing limit has been breached.
Advantages of wearable sensor monitoring include:
· It identifies the people based on the assigned sensor.
· It can identify people even in confined spaces as well as behind walls
· Some sensors do not depend on the Wi-Fi communication system.
· It can perform even in poor weather conditions and power cut conditions.
The Wearable sensor monitoring device has some cons too:
1. This solution cannot be considered for a public place as it is quite tough to assign wearable sensors for all.
2. This solution needs an app or a wearable sensor to implement and monitor the activity of a specific individual.
3. It is quite expensive to implement and operate in comparison to other available people monitoring opportunities.
Whether you have a web technology-based startup or production house, you must take care of your employees by maintaining the social distancing safety measure. You can implement Wi-Fi monitoring based software solutions or provide wearable devices to your employees. Being a responsible
person first makes your office environment a risk free zone and provides peace of mind to your employees in their workplace. Analyze all the above-mentioned technology-based mobility services, and do perfect software installation in your workflow system to add an extra layer of security for your employees.